Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wigwam is popping its 283 cherry blogging.

  • Joyous little wigwam was spotted at the Horseshoe Tavern on Tuesday Nov 17th, it was an Art's and Craft's hosted night with bands Still Life Still and The Most Serene Republic. Also playing was a special guest artist represented by Arts and Crafts which I can't remember who it was....and I don't really care....and I missed it cause I was at home on my way to the Tavern....and I'm sure I will see this mysterious band like 8 times in my whole wigwam life.
  • Still Life Still were so still on stage I didn't see anyone move except the keyboardist, and I'm pretty sure the short blond haired guitarist was lying on the ground playing the guitar or he just wasn't on stage lastnight (by the way the Italics button won't release on this computer.....so that's why it looks like this). Still Life Still, I was informed about all the buzz this band was creating, and also respecting and enjoying Arts and Crafts as a label I have to say I was disappointed in the Broken Social Scene wanna-bes. Just because your from Toronto doesn't mean if you sound similar to Broken Social you are going to be as good......develop your own soul signiture.
  • The Most Serene Republic....well well....this band I very much like. I listen to them on my ipod a lot. I think there songs are unique and unpredictable. I like their intricate melodies, clashy yet sophisticated harmonies, and all around musicianship. BUT---lastnight they were off. It sounded like a horrible mess were no one was playing together and it was just a bunch of egos battling eachother to be heard on stage. PLEASE don't speak to the audience just because you think we want to hear you talk while you tune....tune your guitar if you have to! ITs an instrument and it deserves some attention...this way you can play better!! We understand!!! Just don't talk to us!
  • Wigwam left very uninspired...bored...and thinks that Toronto bands that try to look and sound the same are becoming the boring shit ever........! I hope that next time I go see a Toronto band they can make me sweat as much as DDMMYY did when they opened for Dan Deacon at the Great Hall on November 4th. -----This show blew my whole wigwam LOAD...(of trees and branches).


Just to keep all the 2 blog readers inspired I have posted a 4th DENSITY DANCE a merging of the latest advances in digital art projection technology with the internal principles of dance
Andrew and Ana are beautiful galactic couple, collaborating their cosmic talents they have developed a new type of interactive expression. It's SUPER AWESOME...and SUPER E.T. It coined the termed 4D dance, from the fusion of live painting, live dancing, live music and pre-programmed media to form a multilayered experience. Dig the dancer Ana Phaedra who moves in real time sequenced to the media work of Andrew Jones to create a new spatial depth. 4D dancing!
DIG PHA-DROID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBHaRJ4wfI.


WIGWAM GETS WHAT WIGWAM WANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment