Friday, January 22, 2010

Everyday during my morning commute, I'm reminded of what a hapless sheep I really am.

Its 3 bucks now! 3 fuckin bucks gets you a ride on the most unreliable, backwards organized, unenjoyable pig farm of a transit authority in North America...if not the world! yes I'm goddamn ranting! I'll rant all i want. Especially about the TTC! These employees greet you, the hardworking, taxpaying commuter with disgruntled frowns and hostile attitudes after you've suckered up the ridiculous $3 for a one way ride to brokesville! On top of their already cushy salary which you, mr.& mrs. joe citizen pay for, they're freshly back at work after a tediously dragged out strike in which they wanted more! more! more! more! and what's the first thing they do back at work? Refer to the photo above you...sleep! on the job! If thats not enough, Bob Kinnear, president of ATU local 113, which represent all TTC employees, defends this behavior and blames the riders for taking photos and mocking him, calling such antics "disturbing" when the worker could have been ill or needed medical attention. I dunno. From looking at the photo above, it seems to me this dude is flying pretty high above the clouds of dreamland! So what are my options then? I have a 9 am meeting at the other end of the city. i guess I could wake up two hours earlier and ride my bike through freezing cold blizzard conditions and life threatening ice, which I'm thinking is a better option already over supporting this corrupt monopoly. My other option is perhaps remind myself that I live in a democracy and have some kind of voice, albeit small, to make a fuss and raise awareness and protest over this unavoidable trap that the TTC has all Rontonians in.

OR I could quit university, get hired by the TTC, sleep, watch tv, try getting away with public masturbation and live a fulfilled and comfortable life with benefits and retirement pentions. Hmmm ya. this option sounds the best. Especially the public masturbation part.

Boo ya! (thanks Jamie Foxx)

refer to Blogto.com for the press release from Bob Kinnear on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment